Regardless of your level of experience; submitting a poor Data Analyst CV, will cause employers to frown at you. Take your time, and craft a strong CV for the position you’re considering.
This data analyst CV sample will show you;
- How to format your CV and
- The type of information to include.
More so, ensure you apply the accompanying CV writing tips; so you can submit a refined CV, that portrays your qualifications.
Good luck with writing your CV!
email.com ││+234xxxxxxxxxxx ││Lagos, Nigeria
Teamwork-oriented Data Analyst; passionate about helping businesses succeed. Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, and professional certification in data analysis, with strong technical skills; rooted in substantial training as a data analyst.
Technical Skills– Data Analysis, SQL, SAS Enterprise Miner, Data Warehousing, Oracle, Tableau, Python
Interpersonal Skills– Teamwork, Communication and Public Speaking, Clear Writing and Report Writing, Critical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Risk Assessment
Data Analyst II -Emblic Technologies Ltd, Lagos
June 2019- Current
- Work with a team of professional analysts to collect, organize and interpret data.
- Utilize advanced calculations, to conclude data findings.
- Present detailed reports on quarterly projection data, gathered by senior analysts.
- Deploy SQL, Tableau, and other dashboard/visualization tools, for data intelligence and analysis.
Research Intern- Enterfive Ltd, Enugu
August 2018- December 2019
- Gained knowledge on how to gather quantitative data.
- Utilized quantitative data gained; to understand customer behaviour and demographics.
B.SC. –Computer Science
Micheal Okpara University Umudike, October 2014 – October 2018
West African Examination Certificate
Shalom International School Nsukka September 2008- September 2014
- Certificate 1- (Name of organization that certified you), Year of certification
- Certificate 2- (Name of organization that certified you), Year of certification
Tips for Creating a Winning Data Analyst CV
Data analysts are responsible for making meaning out of numbers, statistics and jumbled data; in an organization. Hence, it is pertinent; that your CV shows, you have the technical know-how and skills, for the job.
After listing each work experience, give a short description of the company, and your key responsibilities; then use bullet points, to list key achievements that you made while working in that position. Use strong action words, and also list quantifiable achievements.
Be it a higher degree, certificates from organized workshops etc. include them in your CV, as it’ll give you an upper hand over your competitors.
The language and tone of your CV should be formal. Use active language for your CV, don’t write in the 3rd person.
When listing your achievements:- achievement/duties from your current job should be written in present tense; while achievement/duties from your past job should be written in the past tense.
The best way to emphasize your strength as a candidate; is to ensure that you create a separate section, to list major topics. Avoid putting two topics into one i.e. Skills/Certifications.
Skills to Include in Your Data Analyst CV
- Data Analysis
- SAS Enterprise Miner
- Data Warehousing
- Quantitative Methods
- Advanced-Data Mining
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Data Structures
- Regression Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Data Technologies
- Data Science Research Methods
- Research Data Management
- Statistical Computing Methods
- Experimental Design & Analysis
- Power-user of Excel
- Google Analytics
- Logic and analysis
- Tech support
- Survey creation
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Communication and public speaking
- Clear writing and report writing
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Risk assessment
- Training and instructing
- Reducing jargon
- Project management
- Time management
Hope you found this Data Analyst CV sample helpful? If you need professional assistance with your CV, contact our CV Experts to work on your Data Analyst CV TODAY!